Healing Arts Toolkit Program Trainings
At our three-day hands on trainings, we equip professional and volunteer care providers to use multimodal arts-based interventions with trauma survivors to help increase resiliency and post-traumatic integration.
What you will receive and experience:
- Printed copy of official First Aid Arts curriculum
- Introduction to psycho-bio-social impact of trauma
- Overview of the arts and its healing powers
- Evaluation tools
- Group facilitation tips
- Practice sessions and small group discussions
- Opportunity to engage in self-care
- Networking and resource sharing
- Expansion ideas and adaptations for implementation
- Ongoing support after the training
- Access to online resources and the First Aid Arts Creative Communities of Care
- Healing Arts Toolkit including materials for twelve art/movement based interventions (if purchased)
- Lunch and refreshments
The training will equip staff and volunteers with the knowledge and practical tools needed to address the symptoms of trauma through carefully researched arts-based activities. Our original curriculum was developed with the expertise of an Advisory Council of professionals such as the Vice President of Aftercare for International Justice Mission, Kathy Stout-Labauve, renowned sexual trauma therapist, Dr. Dan Allender, and the former president of World Vision, Dr. Dean Hirsch, among many others.
These powerful resources have proved useful to those with clinical expertise as well as non-therapist volunteers. If you are involved in an organization that serves survivors of trauma and you'd like to know if your training is right for you, please contact us using the following form. To learn more about upcoming trainings or to register for a training please click here.
HAT Training registration options (in the USA) include:
- $425.00 - Individual registration without HAT Toolkit
- $1,250.00 - Organization Registration (Includes 3 spots + 1 HAT Toolkit)
Prices may vary according to training location, and discounts are available to hosting organizations. Limited scholarship opportunities are also available. If you have any questions regarding pricing, hosting, or scholarships please complete the following form.